Saturday, April 17, 2010

some paintings by van gogh





Starry night over the Rhone


Starry night

The Night Cafe

Not that I know anything worth knowing about art, but I had always thought the modern artishness of Van Gogh's paintings was not for me....but surprisingly when I came across these(Google Images...lol) , I loved them!


Especially the first one. It reminds me of something. Sometimes, these things can trigger your memory, making you feel as if you've been in that place or something like it, whether in a dream, or in a flight of imagination. You want to be there at all events!


His colours are so very vivid. Whether you like the paintings or not, I think the sheer jumpiness of it would definitely get under your skin! They leap right at you! 'Starry Night' especially, though from the outside I thought it looked like a kid splashing paints around for fun. Though the painting is anything but fun. What sort of thoughts must have been running through his mind to produce stuff like that!!




And he seems to have loved stars too...:)







No comments:

Post a Comment